ViCALity® HP USP Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)
For the economical fortification of foods, Specialty Minerals Inc. (SMI) produces ViCALity® GF ground calcium carbonate (GCC) and ViCALity® HP ground calcium carbonate (GCC). These products range in particle size from 4 microns up to 12 microns. ViCALity® GF and ViCALity® HP GCC allow food manufacturers to meet the lead requirements of California Proposition 65. ViCALity® GF GCC is <300 ppb lead and ViCALity HP GCC is <125 ppb.
ViCALity® GF and HP GCC meet the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) requirements for calcium carbonate and those of E170i, European Union Miscellaneous Food Regulations. They also meet the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) requirements as well.
Applications for ViCALity® GF and ViCALity® HP Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)
Use ViCALity® GF and /or HP GCC for the calcium fortification of foods such as:
- Baked goods and dry food mixes
- Cereals and flavor bits for cereals
- Bars—extruded or baked. Breakfast, energy, granola, and other snack bars.
- Flour fortification
Other uses are:
- Chewing gum masticating and dusting agent
- Animal and pet food; dry kibble, wet canned and moist pouch types.
- Toothpaste abrasive.
- SMI minerals in food fortification uses
- SMI minerals in cereals, baked goods, pastas and other solid foods
- SMI minerals in chewing gum and confectionary
- SMI minerals in ingredient enrichment
- SMI minerals in pet foods
- Specialty Minerals calcium carbonates for food, nutritional supplements, pharmaceuticals and personal care products
- Choosing the right grade of Specialty Minerals calcium carbonate for consumer products.
- Useful information for formulators: Downloadable information sheets on formulating with calcium carbonate, the effect of particle size and shape in a product, high bioavailability of calcium carbonate, California Proposition 65 lead limits, and calcium carbonate lead levels.
- U.S. Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) for Calcium
- Osteoporosis: Anyone Can Be At Risk – Even You! A downloadable information sheet
- Specialty Minerals minerals in consumer products: See the products you use every day—foods, nutritional supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, toiletries, and other personal-care items—that use Specialty Minerals talcs and calcium carbonates.
- What is Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC) / Limestone?
- Download technical data sheets and MSDS for Specialty Minerals products
- Request a sample
- About Specialty Minerals Inc.
- Specialty Minerals plant profiles
- Quality and ISO at Specialty Minerals