The Performance Minerals Group of Specialty Minerals Inc. (SMI) provides functional minerals, fillers, and extenders to all industries except paper. In the aggregate, we refer to these as Specialty Applications. Talcs, precipitated calcium carbonates (PCCs), ground calcium carbonate (GCCs) and dolomites improve the performance and lower the cost of our customers' products.
On these pages, you can read more about the use of Performance Minerals products in a range of end uses, some basic information about the minerals themselves, and introductions to the functionalities contributed by these minerals. You can also view three snapshots of the wide variety of roles Performance Minerals products play in automotive, housing, and consumer-product applications.
Applications for Performance Minerals Products
- Agriculture, Landscaping and Highway
- Building Products
- Nutritional Supplements
- Paint and Coatings
- Personal Care Products
- Dolomite: Calcium Magnesium Carbonate
- Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC) / Limestone
- Lime / Quicklime
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
- Nano Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
Mineral Function Fundamentals
- Antiblocking of Polymer Films
- Flexural Modulus / Stiffness in Polymers
- Impact Strength in Polymers
- Nucleation of Polymers with Talc
Major End Uses At A Glance:
- SMI Minerals in Automotive Components
- SMI Minerals in Consumer Products
- SMI Minerals in Housing and Construction Products
- About Specialty Minerals Inc.
- Specialty Minerals Performance Minerals locations
- About Our Parent: Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Quality, ISO and GMP at Specialty Minerals
- Download Technical Data Sheets and MSDS - listed by product name and product type
- Find a Specialty Minerals Distributor
- Performance Minerals Exhibitions and Papers - where to visit with Specialty Minerals Staff.
- Performance Minerals Publications - download copies of papers on specialty applications of Specialty Minerals minerals.
- Useful Links for Specialty Applications of Specialty Minerals minerals - websites with information on minerals, industry associations, and applications for Performance Minerals products.
- Contact Us: ask a question, request a sample or literature