Performance Minerals is the group within Specialty Minerals Inc. (SMI) that provides high performance minerals to many non-paper industrial markets, such as plastics, paints, sealants, building products, and healthcare.
Performance Minerals is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, as are the SMI research and technical service laboratories. A wide variety of precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC), ground calcium carbonate (GCC), limestone, dolomite, quicklime and talc are manufactured in plants in the U.S. and the U.K. Use the links below to learn more about our products and facilities, or to contact us.
- Specialty applications for SMI minerals
- SMI minerals in automotive products.
- SMI minerals in consumer products.
- SMI minerals used in housing and construction.
- Learn about the minerals made by SMI
- Profile: Adams, MA PCC, GCC and lime plant
- Profile: Barretts, MT talc plant
- Profile: Birmingham, England, UK PCC plant
- Profile: Canaan, CT dolomite plant
- Profile: Lucerne Valley, CA GCC / limestone plant
- Contact Us